- Apr 26, 2022
Are lithium ion batteries better than the lead ones
Most of us are creatures of habit – but it's important not to let this immobilize us. The same goes for lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries. Their distinctive features set them apart, although both types have unique applications in every single walk of life. Let us know how lithium-ion batteries are better than the lead-acid batteries here:
Beneficial characteristics of a Lithium-ion battery:
A Lithium-ion battery is a type of rechargeable battery that utilizes intercalated lithium. Lithium-ion batteries are used in everything from the newest portable devices to aircraft and electric vehicles.
· Lithium-Ion batteries are rechargeable and have the most extended life of any battery.
· They are stable and reliable and can be used to power a wide range of devices, from cameras to power tools.
· They weigh less than other batteries and can be made small enough to fit into even the most compact devices.
· They also have a high power density which means that you can fit a lot of energy in a small package. Lithium-Ion batteries are better than lead-acid and nickel-cadmium batteries.
· They offer much higher energy density, do not experience any "memory effect," don't require any maintenance like watering, and can be charged without battery deterioration or their ability to hold a charge over time.
How are lithium-ion batteries better than lead-acid batteries?
Lithium-ion batteries are the best choice for many applications, but you may have questions about how they compare to lead-acid. Are lithium batteries more worthwhile than lead-acid? Let's take a closer look at how they stack up.
· Lithium-ion batteries have elevated energy density and more extended cycle life than lead-acid batteries. Lead-acid batteries have a much lower energy density (watts per kilogram) when compared to lithium batteries. The energy density of lithium batteries makes them a much better fit for use in power tools and electric vehicles.
· Lithium-ion batteries are more promising than lead-acid batteries. Firstly, they are more expensive, and however, their advantages outweigh the higher price. Lithium-ion deep cycle batteries can be charged and discharged thousands of times, whereas a lead-acid battery will only last for 300-400 cycles before it needs to be replaced.
· The most important thing about these batteries is that they cannot be overcharged or discharged too much. They deliver higher currents with lower internal resistance, have a long lifespan, and can be easily recharged without degrading their capacity over time.
So, we can say that Lithium-ion batteries are a far better choice than lead-acid batteries, and they have several advantages that make them more effective.
Jackvolt: A trusted name in the industry
If you are looking for a trusted name as the best manufacturer of lithium battery packs in India, Jackvolt is here. We build 100% safe, reliable, and high-performance batteries that can be used in various fields and are the best lithium battery pack manufacturer in India.
With over a decade's rich knowledge and experience, we make sure to deliver the finest quality products to satisfy our customers' needs. Be it any requirement of power backup solutions, be it our lithium battery cells or packs, you can trust us for whatever your need.